COVID-19 INFO: Our ski trips are interrupted at the moment. Please send us a mail with your request! Summer trips are open to registration and some groups are almost full, make sure you register on time :)
Follow us on Facebook + register to our newsletter to have the latest infos.
Flight to purchase:
Return flight to Sapporo - New Chitose airport (CTS), Japan
Due to price fluctuation this freeride trip to Japan is sold without flights. However, we can book your flights if you wish. Don't hesitate to contact us. Only buy your flights once this trip's departure is confirmed.
You should be at ease skiing in any type of snow. We ski every day at a good pace. Slopes can include some short steep sections. Short climbs with skins involved, 45 min to 1 hr max per day. You will not be expected to have previous ski touring experience.
A good physical condition is expected, as we skin approx 45 min to 1 hr per day and ski the entire day at a steady pace. On powder days we just trace in the powder, no skinning those days.
Good to know: If you don't have the level required, the guide may ask you to leave for the well-being of the rest of the group if necessary. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us !
5 to 7 participants
Only skiers, sorry no splitboard accepted
Bring a small day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as (extra) clothing, a few snacks and security equipment.
Considering the itinerary may be modified due to mountain and snow conditions, ski lift fares are not included in the price. The ultimate day to day itinerary will depend on local conditions. To allow flexibility ski passes will be purchased on the spot so we can easily adjust the programme. You should budget approx. 250 € for ski lift fares.
The price includes
- Trip arrangements & organisation upon arrival
- Minibus transfers from/to Sapporo New Chitose domestic airport terminal
- Accommodation for 8 nights in a hotel, breakfast included
- Safety & rescue equipment training/reviewing
- Certified and expert mountain guide services for 9 days (all his expenses are included: meals, accommodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Safety & rescue equipment sets are provided (tracking device, shovel and probe), if you don't have your own gear
The price does not include
- Flight from your home place to Japan/Sapporo
- Ski lift fares
- Equipment rental if required
- Lunches & dinners, all drinks and personal extras in the hotel
- Your personal insurance
- All expenses not mentioned under the section "the price includes"
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance that is due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants often hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Depending on the size of group, you may share a room with someone of the opposite sex
- Accommodation: 3 star or similar hotels, breakfast included, double rooms to be shared, private toilets and bathroom, bed linnen and towels provided. Depending on the group size we may use triple rooms.
- Single supplement: on request and according to availability - please contact us. Single rooms are relatively expensive in Japan.
- Lunch and dinners are open - leaving all options open for the group to choose where participants wish to have breakfast. Food is one of the highlights of this ski trip in Japan, we know the best places and small hideouts to taste local delicacies.... Just trust us !
The local currency is the Japanese Yen (the rate of exchange is approx 132 Yen to the €). You will be able to change money in airports and towns.
Passport & visa
No visa is needed if you stay for French, Belgian and Swiss citizens staying for less than 3 months. All other nationalities: please contact your embassy or consulate before travelling.
Your passport should be valid during the entire extend of the trip.
Since November 2007, immigration offices are equipped with digital finger print readers as well as cameras for facial photographs that may be taken at immigration if you're over 16 and enter Japan for the first time. This procedure is obligatory and if you refuse to comply with this requirement, you may be denied entry to Japan.
New security measures have been implemented this summer in airports: electronic devices (smartphones, pads, laptops...) should be charged and in working condition for all flights via the US and London. Security agents should be able to switch them on. To be safe, have your charger on hand. If your electronic device is not charged or not in working conditions, it may be seized. This measure may be implemented in other airports, we advise you to charge all your electronic devices before your flights, no matter your destination.
If travelling with children, they will need their own passport, regardless of their age. A minor travelling by himself does not need authorisation to leave the country if he has his own passport.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is free of charge in our accommodation.
Good mobile & 4G coverage.
Electricity: 110 v, an adapter is most probably necessary.
|Skis (skis, skins, poles, ski-crampons)||295 €|
|Ski boots||125 €|
If you book a trip with Azimut, you'll get a 10% discount code on your confirmation page that you can use at our friends Glisshop.
Just go straight to glisshop.com ! Established in 1996, our partner stands as a leader for online winter sports equipment. Based in the centre of the volcanoes of Auvergne (France), they help every passionate skier and powder addict to find the gear they need by offering a huge and unique choice of clothing and gear available throughout Europe.
With close to 250 brands and 10 000 items for sale, Glisshop simply is the ideal partner to equip you from head to toe whathever activity may be your preference.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one free of charge online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!
See you on the slopes !
Have great runs with AZIMUT !