We've combined ski touring with a boat trip in the Lyngen Alps - one of the wildest and most beautiful mountain ranges in Norway - for an irresistible trip. It's in that 80 km long made of mountains and glaciers, where we'll enjoy ski touring in some of the remotest places, each day from a different place. Our boat, the "Leone", will take us as we sleep to point of our daily out every morning.
Our boat allows for flexibility in our programme, along with enjoyable comfort in between our ski touring sessions.
- Great con fort on board,
- Discover sailing
- A flexible ski touring programe
- Unique sking in outstanding sting
Meals included: dinner.
Accomodation included: boat
Whilst our boat takes us around the different islands, in a very alpine setting, a zodiac will take us to land and back to the boat at day's end. Ski touring in the Lyngen Alps makes skiing important ascents and descents possible as well as landing with skis on the beach. Our floating base camp is comfortable and makes it a pleasant place to spend the evenings recuperating and relaxing or fishing cod .
Meals included : breakfast, picnic, & dinner
Accomodation included: boat
Day 1 will be spent travelling to the meeting point, Isafjordur airport. You'll arrive in Isafjordur at day's end.
Domestic flight from Reykjavik (RKV) to Isafjordur (IFJ).
Flights to purchase: return flight to Isafjordur, Iceland.
Due to price fluctuation flights are not included in the price. However we can book your flights if you wish. Don't hesitate to contact us. Do not purchase your flights before your booking and the trip departure have been confirmed.
The slopes may have some short steep passages. You should be at ease with ski touring techniques and skiing on all types of snow. We may also ski on glacier terrain. You should master uphill kick turns without hesitation.
Good physical condition is required, some uphill sections may have to be done on foot. Ascents and descents vary between 800 & 1000 metres per day. Depending on the chosen itinerary, there may be two outings per day. This allows those who want to pursue to do so and those who are tired to rest and relax.
Good to know: If you don't have the level required, the guide will be able to ask you to leave for the well-being of the rest of the group, if necessary. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us!
5 to 8 participants
Bring a small day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as (extra) clothing, a few snacks, your picnic and security equipment.
None in sight !
The price includes
- Trip organisation & logistics upon arrival at meeting point
- Transportation on site
- Certified and expert mountain guide services (all his expenses are included: meals, accomodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Minibus transfers upon arrival at one of the indicated meeting points
- Accomodation and full board from night 1 until the picnic on day 7
- Safety & rescue equipment training/reviewing
- Safety & rescue equipment sets are provided (tracking device, shovel and probe), if you don't have your own gear
The price does not include
- Flights and transportation to/from the meeting point
- Personal snacks
- Breakfast and lunch on day 1, dinner on day 7
- Drinks and extras
- Personal expenses
- Ski rental if required
- Personal insurance(s)
- Any other expenses not mentioned under the above section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance that is due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of Europ Assistance insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However usually participants hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Minibus on site.
During the trip
- Depending on the size of group, you may share a room with someone of the opposite sex
- Accomodation in our ski lodge, rooms of max 4 people. Sheets, towels and linnen are not provided.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner: all meals are served at the lodge, picnics for lunch are provided by the lodge.
Before & after ski touring trips
Once we've received your booking, we'll provide you with a list of accomodation in case you need to book a night before or after the trip. All accomodation on the list is close to the meeting points and you may often benefit from preferential rates.
The local currency is the Icelandic crown and the rate is approx 125 ISK to the € (it fluctuates quite a bit). You can change money in Isafjordur.
Passport & visa
French, Belgian and Swiss citizen: your passport should be valid for 6 months after the final day of travelling in Iceland.
All other nationalities, please contact your local embassy or consulate before travelling.
If travelling with children, they will need their own passport, regardless of their age. A minor travelling by himself does not need authorisation to leave the country if he has his own passport.
None is required to enter Iceland.
Recommended vaccines: same as in Western Europe for adults i.e. diphteria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, hepatitis B.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is available in our accomodation.
Mobile coverage is good in our lodge, however this is not necessary the case in surrounding mountains and fjords.
Electricity: standard voltage is 220V, same as in France.
Full Pack (ski, boots, skins, ski-crampons, poles)
Skis (skis, skins, poles, ski-crampons)
If you book a trip with Azimut, you'll get a 10% discount code on your confirmation page that you can use at our friends Glisshop.
Just go straight to glisshop.com ! Established in 1996, our partner stands as a leader for online winter sports equipment. Based in the centre of the volcanoes of Auvergne (France), they help every passionate skier and powder addict to find the gear they need by offering a huge and unique choice of clothing and gear available throughout Europe.
With close to 250 brands and 10 000 items for sale, Glisshop simply is the ideal partner to equip you from head to toe whathever activity may be your preference.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off the water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (not by text message), that you well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back !
See you on the slopes !
Have great runs with AZIMUT !