There’s not much more to add: it’s all about freeride ski, just and only freeride ski ! Chamonix valley is a mecca for off-piste skiing, with heaps of world famous and legendary freeride skiing areas and runs. You’re a good off-piste skier, not too keen on skitouring but love long descents ? This weekend is made for you. Two days of great skiing around the Mont Blanc. We’re going to strike the Grands Montets and Le Tour runs before heading off to Italy to make tracks in Courmayeur and treat ourselves with a ride back to Chamonix on our skis.
In a nutshell: a 100 % freeride skiing weekend, our nose on our ski tips, just follow the guide ! Come and try out your new skis !
- 2 full days downhill skiing
- Vallée Noire descent (Italian version of the Vallée Blanche)
- Comfy hotel
- Easy access to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc train station
Get together in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. Meet up with the guide, gear check before setting off for the Grands Montets ski area.
We’ll be skiing in an impressive alpine setting. Our guide knows the area like the back of his hand and will take you to explore magnificent accessible itineraries. In the afternoon according to conditions we head off to the Le Tour ski area. Transfer to our hotel at the end of the afternoon.
Meal included: dinner
Accomodation included: hotel
A legendary day’s skiing awaits us on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc. We’ll be riding down the Toule glacier. We return to Chamonix (or the Montenvers train station, according to conditions) on our skis down the Vallée Noire (Italian version of the Vallée Blanche). Late afternoon: end of trip, we split up at Chamonix train station.
Meal included: breakfast.
Please note this itinerary is an example of a freeride skiing weekend in Chamonix and Courmayeur. The guide may adjust certain itineraries and ski areas according to weather and snow conditions as well as participants' abilities. We kindly ask you to respect such decision. Ski touring may take place in France and Italy. We may also change accomodation, maintaining the same standards, according to logistics and availabilities.
Please be wearing your ski outfit upon arrival.
We always do our best, but can't guarantee the exact time of arrival at the train station (due to traffic or weather conditions). Therefore we strongly advise you to buy train tickets that can easily be modified. If you're travelling by car, we'll meet you at the arrival point, or at one of the drop of points where you'll be able to leave your car for the entire trip.
Train & TGV access: www.voyages-sncf.com
Car access: www.mappy.fr
Car sharing: www.blablacar.fr
5 to 8 participants
Only skiers, sorry no splitboard accepted
You should be at ease skiing in any type of snow. We ski every day at a good pace. Slopes can include some short steep sections. Short climbs with skins involved, 45 min to 1 hr max per day. You will not be expected to have previous ski touring experience.
A good physical condition is expected, as we skin approx 45 min per day and ski the entire day at a steady pace.
Good to know: if you don't have the level required, the guide may ask you to leave for the well-being of the rest of the group if necessary. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us !
Bring a light day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as (extra) clothing, a few snacks, your picnic and security equipment.
Considering the itinerary may be modified due to mountain and snow conditions, ski lift fares are not included in the price. The ultimate day to day itinerary will depend on local conditions. To allow flexibility fares will be purchased on the spot so we can easily adjust the programme. Your guide will tell you whether it's worth buying the 3 day pass, the cost is approx € 150.
The price includes
- Trip logistics
- Minubus transfers upon arrival at one of the indicated meeting points
- 2 nights in a hotel on half-board basis
- Safety & rescue equipment training/reviewing
- Guiding by a certified and expert mountain guide for 3 days (all his expenses are included: meals, accomodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Group security, safety & rescue gear
- Use of our safety equipment (tracking device, shovel and probe) if you don't have your own
- Harness for the days on glacier
- Extra fees for Xmas & New-Year
- AZIMUT welcome pack
The price does not include
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Ski lift fares
- Equipment rental if required
- Personal insurance
- Lunches and all drinks (including those with meals at the hotel), and personal extras
- Any other expenses not mentioned under the above section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance that is due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of Europ Assistance insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants usually hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide..
Azimut's minibus is used throughout the whole trip. Not only does this make the trip easier, but it also makes it more pleasant and open: we can chat, sleep and listen to our own music !
During the trip
Depending on the size of group, you might share a room with someone of the opposite sex.
- Accomodation in a 3* hotel in a twin room to share, private bathroom and toilets. Bed sheets and towels are supplied. Depending on the group size we may use triple rooms.
- Single supplement: € 220 according to availability
- Breakfast and dinner are served in the hotel
- Lunches are open, leaving all options open for the group to choose where participants wish to have lunch. Food is one of the highlights of this skiing trip in Italy, we know all the best trattoria and small hideouts .... Just trust us !
Before & after ski touring trips
Once we've received your booking, we'll provide you with a list of accomodation in case you need to book accomodation before or after the trip. All accomodation on the list is close to the meeting points and you may often benefit from preferential rates.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is available in our accomodation.
Good mobile & 4G coverage.
|Full Pack (ski, boots, skins, ski-crampons, poles)||85 €|
|Skis (skis, skins, poles, ski-crampons)||75 €|
|Ski Boots||30 €|
|Airbag Backpack||40 €|
If you book a trip with Azimut, you'll get a 10% discount code on your confirmation page that you can use at our friends Glisshop.
Just go straight to glisshop.com ! Established in 1996, our partner stands as a leader for online winter sports equipment. Based in the centre of the volcanoes of Auvergne (France), they help every passionate skier and powder addict to find the gear they need by offering a huge and unique choice of clothing and gear available throughout Europe.
With close to 250 brands and 10 000 items for sale, Glisshop simply is the ideal partner to equip you from head to toe whathever activity may be your preference.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!
See you on the slopes !
Have great runs with AZIMUT !