Need to get away, stock up on red blood cells and get some fresh air for three days ? Then our trip to the Monterosa, with several accessible 4000 summits is the one for you ! Surrounded by glaciers and impressive rock faces, it's all there, this is the one and only Monte Rosa mountain range. The slopes we head up for these three days are progressive and technically not difficult. The cable car takes us up high and enables us to reach the mountain hut easily. This is our basecamp for two nights in the heart of the Monte Rosa mountain range. Throughout this course we go over basic mountaineering techniques such as the use of crampons and all safety techniques before tackling the ascent of the emblematic Monte Rosa, rising up at 4000 m above sea level. This mountaineering course is open to all mountain lovers and will definitely break your daily routine.
- Ascent of the Gnifetti peak (Signalkuppe 4554 m) via a glacier route
- Unrivalled panoramas of the Alps with a particular mild climate
- The nicest peaks in the Alps in just one trip
- Easy access on Paris-Milan TGV line to Oulx (Cesana) where we pick you up and transfer you to the Monte Rosa
- Just relax and climb, we cover all the logistics !
- A trip suitable for all good mountain hikers, and mountaineering beginners
We get together in Gressoney-Staffal or pick you up in Oulx or Briançon and drive you over to Gressoney-Staffal in our minibus (a 2 1/2 hrs drive). From there we set off to the Mantova mountain hut where we leave our bags. A glacier workshop near the mountain hut enables us to go over basic mountaineering techniques.
Meals included: picnic and dinner
Accomodation included: mountain hut
Ascent: + 300 m
We climb up the glacier to the beautiful Vincent Pyramide (4215 m), a nice and easy route to progressively get into the mountaineering universe. This climb is not to be missed out on, and offers spectacular views of the Monte Rosa summits. If possible and according to the groups' wishes and weather conditions, the ascent of the Lyskamm Nose may also a feasible option.
Meals included: breakfast, picnic and dinner
Accomodation included: mountain hut
Ascent/descent: + 715 m / - 715 m
Last day in the Monte Rosa area, today's aim is the Punta Gniffetti (4554 m). Well prepared after the two previous days, we climb up the pointe Zumstein (4563 m) followed by the Pointe Parrot (4436 m). We head back to the mountain hut to grab our stuff and make our way down to Gressoney. It’s the end of the course for those coming by car. Transfer by minibus to Oulx or Briançon for the others.
Meals included: breakfast and picnic
Ascent/descent: + 1200 m /- 1500 m
Please note: this itinerary is an example of a mountaineering course in the Monterosa mountain range, Italy, and should only be used as a guide. The guide may adjust certain itineraries according to weather conditions and participants' abilities. We kindly ask you to respect such decision. We may also change accomodation, maintaining identical standards, according to logistics and availabilities.
This trip was created in October 2018. Prices are based on practices and customs at the time being. In case the latter are modified (ex: number of clients allowed per guide, for safety reasons), Azimut respects these guidelines, and we may adjust our prices accordingly.
Please wear your mountaineering clothes on day 1.
On the last day, we try to get back to Oulx by 5 pm, but cannot guarantee this.
We always do our best, but we can't guarantee the exact time of arrival at the train station (due to traffic or weather conditions). Therefore we strongly recommend you to buy train tickets that can easily be modified. If you're travelling by car, we'll meet you at one of the indicated meeting points, or at one of the drop of points where you'll be able to leave your car during the entire trip.
Train & TGV access: www.voyages-sncf.com
Car access: www.mappy.fr
Car sharing: www.blablacar.fr
Public parking free of charge can be found in Briançon and Oulx (both unattended) or just in front of our accomodation.
3 to 4 participants
You will have to carry your personal belongings, picnics and mountaineering gear. Your backpack will weigh approx 6 to 8 kilos (please leave behind any useless excess baggage).
Included in the price.
The price includes
- Trip logistics
- Minibus transfers upon arrival at one of the indicated meeting points
- Certified and expert mountain guide services for 3 days (including all his expenses: meals, accomodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Half board for 2 nights in a mountain hut
- Picnics for 3 days
- All ski lift fares included in the training programme
- Group security equipment
- AZIMUT welcome pack
The price does not include
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Drinks, including those with meals, personal costs and extras
- Personal gear rental
- Any fees incurred by a change in programme due to unsuitable weather conditions or if ski lifts are not working
- Personal insurance
- Any other costs not mentioned under the section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of Europ Assistance insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants usually hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Azimut's minibus is used throughout the whole trip. Not only does this make the trip easier, but it also makes it more pleasant and open: we can chat, sleep and listen to our own music !
During the trip
- Accomodation in dormitory in a mountain hut for 2 nights, bed linnen and towels not provided, blankets provided, sleeping bag liner obligatory, bathroom and toilets to be shared. For your personal purchases: cash only, credit cards are not accepted.
- Breakfast and dinner will be served in the mountain hut, we have picnics for lunch (3). Picnics consist of good quality products: meat, cheese, bread, a chocolate bar and a piece of fruit or a compote (stewed fruit).
- Snacks: details are important especially during demanding physical activity. We have chosen to provide tasty energetic and good quality cereal Mulebar. Mulebars are organic, vegan, digestive and all made of top quality products without conservatives nor additives nor food coloring.
Before & after trips
Once we've received your booking, we'll provide you with a list of accomodation in case you need to book a night before or after the trip. All accomodation listed is close to the meeting points. You may often benefit from preferential rates.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
No wifi available in mountain huts, and remember: cash only.
4G and mobile coverage is unreliable.
|Full mountaineering pack (helmet, ice axe, crampons, harness and mountaineering boots)||€ 90|
|Ice axe||€ 20|
|Mountaineering boots||€ 35|
|Walking poles||€ 18
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!
NewMont Blanc ascent with preparatory workshop:Italian side- 4 days 4 days from 1595 €