COVID-19 INFO: Our ski trips are interrupted at the moment. Please send us a mail with your request! Summer trips are open to registration and some groups are almost full, make sure you register on time :)
Follow us on Facebook + register to our newsletter to have the latest infos.
La Grave, what else ? If you only have one weekend to satisfy your freeride cravings (has your partner put you in the dog house ?), then this trip is just what you're looking for.
Let's get to the nitty-gritty, the programme is straight forward: experienced skiers head out with our guide who takes you down the best runs that La Grave has to offer. Itineraries are carefully selected: couloirs and hidden descents according to day-to-day conditions. Two magic powder days to ski down couloirs stacking up runs !
On elite trips, we sarch for the best conditions of the moment. If they're not optimal, we may select a different destination. In this case, the price difference will be at your expense if you accept this change. Other freeride ski elite destination available are: Zermatt, Chamonix, Sestrière or Gressoney.
- Small groups of experienced skiers
- Good pace skiing on stunning itineraries off the beaten track (please note, you participation will be confirmed over the phone)
- Welcoming and comfortable accomodation
- No booking fees
Meet up with the guide & we catch the cable car up 3200 meters altitude. From there we tackle a first descent to warm, check your skills and make sure you’re up to the challenge. Then, according to conditions we head for the glaciers and gullies.
Meals included: dinner
Accomodation included: hotel
The cable car takes us up the mountain and depending on conditions we either head for a legendary couloir on the North face, Orcières, Chirouze or La Voûte, or to the South face down to Saint Christophe en Oisans. In both cases, it'll be a great experience. The weekend draws to a close at the end of the afternoon.
Meal included: breakfast
Please note this itinerary is an example of a freeride ski trip in La Grave. The guide may adjust certain itineraries and ski areas according to weather and snow conditions as well as participants' abilities. We kindly ask you to respect such decision. We may also change accomodation, maintaining identical standards, according to logistics and availabilities.
In case practices and customs defined by the local guide authorities change, estimating the reasonable number of clients per guide, for safety reasons, Azimut respects the latter decisions, even last minute ones. Such cases are rare and mostly related to exceptional conditions in the mountains. Therefore some compensation may be requested from your side due to less participants per guide.
Please be wearing your ski outfit upon arrival.
We always do our best, but cannot guarantee the exact time of arrival at the train station (due to traffic or weather conditions). Therefore we strongly advise you to buy train tickets that can easily be modified. If you're travelling by car, we'll meet you at the arrival point, or at one of the drop of points where you'll be able to leave your car for the entire trip.
In order to make the most of the last day, don't try to catch the train in Oulx on that same day.
Train& TGV access: www.voyages-sncf.com
Car access: www.mappy.fr
Car sharing: www.blablacar.fr
Free public parking can be found in Briançon and Oulx (both unattended) or in front of our accomodation.
4 to 5 participants
Only skiers, sorry no splitboard accepted
You should be at ease with skiing on all types of snow. We ski at a good pace all day long. Beware slopes may include short steep sections. Skinning involved will be no more than 45 min to 1 hr per day. We do not expect you to master ski touring techniques.
Good physical condition is required, skinning or short ascents on foot will not exceed 45 min/day. You should be prepared to ski all day long at a good pace.
Good to know: if you don't have the level required, the guide may ask you to leave for the well-being of the rest of the group if necessary. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us !
Bring a small day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as extra layers, goggles, your picnic, a few snacks and security equipment.
Considering the itinerary maybe modified due to mountain and snow conditions, ski lift fares are not included in the price. They are at your own expense and are to be purchased on site in order to allow for flexibility. Hence in case of bad weather or snow conditions, we can easilier transfer to another spot and do our utmost to find the best conditions. Your guide will advise you on the type of ski lift pass to purchase (6 days of less).
You should budget approx € 200 for a 6 day ski lift pass.
The price includes
- Trip logistics & organisation upon arrival
- Minibus transfers upon arrival at one of the indicated meeting points
- 5 nights in a hotel on half-board basis
- Safety & rescue equipment training/reviewing
- Certified and expert mountain guide services for 6 days (all his expenses are included: meals, accomodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Safety & rescue equipment sets are provided (tracking device, shovel and probe), if you don't have your own gear
- Harness for glacier use
- Extra fees for Xmas & New-Year
- AZIMUT welcome pack
The price does not include
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Ski lift fares
- Gear rental if required
- Personal insurance
- Lunches and all drinks (including those with meals at the hotel) and personal extras
- Any other expenses not mentioned under the above section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants often hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Azimut's minibus is used throughout the whole trip. Not only does this make the trip easier, but it also makes it more pleasant and open: we can chat, sleep and listen to our own music !
During the trip
Depending on the size of group, you may share a room with someone of the opposite sex.
- Half board in a 3 star hotel, double room to share, private bathroom and toilets, bed sheets and towels supplied. Depending on the group size, we may use triple rooms.
- Single supplement: € 220 per person if available
- Breakfast and dinners are served in the hotel
- Lunches are open: participants are free to choose where they wish to have lunch. Food is one the highlights of ski trips in Italy and we know all the good trattorias and other small hideouts... Just trust us !
- Snacks: to boost your energy we've chosen to provide Mulebar, tasty and great quality organic energy bars, without additives, nor coloring nor conservatives.
Before & after ski touring trips
Once we've received your booking, we'll provide you with a list of accommodation in case you need to book a night before or after the trip. All accommodation listed is close to the meeting points. You may often benefit from preferential rates.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (his phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is available at the hotel.
Good mobile & 4G coverage.
|Full Pack (ski, boots, skins, ski-crampons, poles)||85 €|
|Skis (skis, skins, poles, ski-crampons)||75 €|
|Ski Boots||30 €|
|Airbag Backpack||40 €|
If you book a trip with Azimut, you'll get a 10% discount code on your confirmation page that you can use at our friends Glisshop.
Just go straight to glisshop.com ! Established in 1996, our partner stands as a leader for online winter sports equipment. Based in the centre of the volcanoes of Auvergne (France), they help every passionate skier and powder addict to find the gear they need by offering a huge and unique choice of clothing and gear available throughout Europe.
With close to 250 brands and 10 000 items for sale, Glisshop simply is the ideal partner to equip you from head to toe whathever activity may be your preference.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!
See you on the slopes !
Have great runs with AZIMUT !