Flights to purchase:
Return flight to Tehran, Iran
Due to price fluctuation, this freeride rando trip is sold without flights. However we can book your flights if you wish us to do so. Don't hesitate to contact us. Do not buy flights before we've confirmed your departure.
You should be at ease with skiing on all types of snow. We ski at a good pace all day long. Slopes may include short steep sections. Skinning involved will be no more than 45 min to 1 hr per day. No previous ski touring experience is expected.
Good physical condition is required, skinning or short ascents on foot will not exceed 45 min per day. You should be prepared to ski all day long at a good pace.
5 to 10 participants
AZIMUT certified mountain guide, travelling from France
Bring a small day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as extra layers, goggles, a few snacks, your picnic and security equipment.
Ski lifts are included in this trip
The price includes
- Trip arrangements & organisation upon arrival
- Minibus and taxi transfers upon arrival at the airport on day 1 until day 9
- 6 nights in a hotel in the mountains on half-board basis
- 2 nights in a hotel in Tehran including breakfast
- Safety & rescue equipment training/reviewing
- Certified and expert mountain guide services (all his expenses are included: meals, accomodation, transportation, ski lift fares)
- Safety & rescue equipment sets are provided (tracking device, shovel and probe), if you don't have your own gear
The price does not include
- Flights to/from Iran
- Visa costs (€ 75)
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Ski lift fares
- Equipment rental if required
- Your personal insurance
- Drinks (including those with meals at the hotel) and personal extras, and any other expenses not mentioned under the above section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance that is due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of Europ Assistance insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
IMPORTANT FOR IRAN
You will to have written proof in English that you are insured in case of repatriation, specifying that you're covered in Iran. Prior to departure you have to give us a copy of this certificate.
If you have subscribed the insurance we offer, we shall send you this certificate in English a few days after your booking. You will have to present this upon arrival at Tehran, Ispahan or Shiraz airports.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants usually hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Local minibus and taxi.
- Depending on the size of group, you may share a room with someone of the opposite sex
- Night in a hotel in Tehran, in a shared double, private bathroom and toilets. Bed sheets and towels are supplied. Depending on the group size, we may use triple rooms. We have selected a hotel close to Imam Khonemi square (Tehran city center), close to most points of interest.
- Single supplement: € 300 per person for the entire trip, depending on availability
- 3 or 4 star hotel in the mountains, half-board, in a shared double room. Bed sheets and towels supplied. Depending on the group size, we may use triple rooms. Breakfast and dinner are served in the hotel.
- Lunches are open: the group may choose where to have lunch. Cost is approx. 5 - 10 € for lunch in a ski resort.
The local currency is the Iranian Rial but Iranians will almost always talk about Toman. 1 Toman = 10 Rials and 1 € = 40 000 Rials. Be prepared and brush up your mental arithmetics so you are sure you get the correct change back ! In case if doubt, just ask the price in Rials. Iranians are so friendly they will help you choose the correct bank notes to give !
IMPORTANT: credit cards are absolutely useless in Iran and withdrawal or making purchases with foreign credit or debit cards is impossible. Be sure to bring enough cash, you can change money as you go along.
IMPORTANT for IRAN: you will be asked to fill in a form to obtain a visa upon arrival in an Iranian airport. To do this you will need a document written in English stating that you're insured in case of repatriation, and that you are covered in Iran.
If you have chosen to insure yourself via Azimut we’ll send you the necessary document a few days after you've made your booking. You will have to show it to the officials at the airport in Tehran, Ispahan or Shiraz.
A visa is mandatory, and if you’re a French citizen you can get your visa at the airport. To do this, you will need:
No Israeli stamp on passport
Film directors and journalists: please contact the Iranian consulate
If you are a French, Belgian or Swiss citizen, your passport must be valid 6 months after returning from Iran. For all other nationalities: please contact your embassy or consulate before travelling.
Please note that if you are travelling with children they must have their own passport. A minor will not need official authorisation to leave the territory as long as he/she is travelling with his/her own passport.
No vaccines are obligatory, except for yellow fever for those who are coming from a country where yellow fever it is present.
Traditions & practices
Ladies - you will have to wear a veil in Iran. It's best to check out in a travel guide in order to avoid mistakes. Please also check out the Iranian dress code: your shirt or blouse must be 3/4 long and below your hips, you must wear long sleeves, no open nor low cut necks, long trousers.
Men - no shorts but t-shirts are ok.
Although traffic may seem somewhat hectic, busy and chaotic in Iran, be reassured, they seem to have their highway code that indeed seems to work. When crossing the road watch the Iranians go about it and follow them, just remember not to run, even if you're in the middle of 6 lanes going two directions.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (his phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is generally available in the hotels where we stay, however powercuts do occur.
Phone: the part of Iran that we will be visiting is generally well covered by telephone networks
Electricity: 220 volts, using the same kind of plugs as in France
Full Pack (ski, boots, skins, ski-crampons, poles)
Skis (skis, skins, poles, ski-crampons)
If you book a trip with Azimut, you'll get a 10% discount code on your confirmation page that you can use at our friends Glisshop.
Just go straight to glisshop.com ! Established in 1996, our partner stands as a leader for online winter sports equipment. Based in the centre of the volcanoes of Auvergne (France), they help every passionate skier and powder addict to find the gear they need by offering a huge and unique choice of clothing and gear available throughout Europe.
With close to 250 brands and 10 000 items for sale, Glisshop simply is the ideal partner to equip you from head to toe whathever activity may be your preference.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off the water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (not by text message), that you well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back !