6 days from 895 € per participant
Guaranteed departure from 5 people
Please wear your cycling clothes on day 1.
We always do our best, but can't guarantee the exact time of arrival at the train station (due to traffic or weather conditions). Therefore we strongly recommend you to buy train tickets that can easily be modified. If you're travelling by car, we'll meet you at the one of the indicated meeting points, or at one of the drop of points where you'll be able to leave your car during the entire trip.
Train & TGV access: www.voyages-sncf.com
Make sure the train you're interested in, is welcoming mountain bikes.
Car access: www.mappy.fr
Car sharing: www.blablacar.fr
Public parking free of charge can be found in Briançon and Oulx (both unattended).
You should be at ease with long and demanding descents. The technical level is progressive over the week, and maybe demanding at times or even exposed but rarely dangerous.
Approx 4 - 5 hrs uphill, about + 1000 m, and some climbs may require you to carry your bike very occassionally (but there may be no other way round !).
Good to know: If you haven't got the level required, the guide will be able to ask you to leave for the well-being of the rest of the group. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us!
5 to 7 participants
Azimut mountain bike instructor & guide.
Bring a small day pack large enough to carry your personal belongings for the day such as (extra) layers, a few snacks, your picnic and a repair kit.
The price includes
- Trip arrangements & organisation upon arrival
- Minibus transfers upon arrival at one of the indicated meeting points
- Luggage transfers with our minibus and private driver
- Accomodation on half-board basis in a gîte
- Azimut mountain biking guide services for the entire trip (including all his expenses: meals, accomodation, transportation)
The price does not include
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Gear rental if required
- Personal insurance
- Drinks (including those with meals at the hotel) and personal extras
- Any other expenses not mentioned under the above section “the price includes”
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of Europ Assistance insurances on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur.
Tipping is no obligation. However participants usually hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Azimut's minibus is used throughout the whole trip. Not only does this make the trip easier, but it also makes it more pleasant and open: we can chat, sleep and listen to our own music. If luggage transfers are necessary, you have the possibility to use the transfer if you're tired and for any other reason.
Hotels and meals during the trip
- Depending on the size of group, you might end up sharing a room with someone of the opposite sex
- Half board in a cosy gite. Dorms with 4-6 beds. Bed sheets are supplied, towels are not supplied. Bring a sleeping bag liner.
- Breakfasts and dinners are served at the gite, and we provide picnics for lunch. Picnics consist of good quality products: charcuterie, cheese, bread, a chocolate bar and a piece of fruit or a compote.
- Snacks: details are important ! To boost your energy we've chosen to provide Mulebar, tasty and great quality cereal bars.
- For certain trips, it's possible to book a single or double room if available, with surcharge.
Accomodation before & after bike trips
Once we've received your booking, we'll provide you with a list of accomodation in case you need to book accomodation before or after the trip. All accomodation on the list is close to the meeting points and you may often benefit from preferential rates.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Wifi is available in most places.
Unreliable mobile & 4G coverage.
Make sure to wear bright colours, it's good for the soul and give photos a funky edge !
Skiing material (all in excellent condition)
- Mountain bike, all mountain type, with platform pedals
- Backpack with a 20-25 liter capacity max
- Helmet & sunglasses are mandatory
- Mountain biking gloves
- Knee and elbow protectors are highly recommended
- Hiking shoes with flat soles
- Repair kit with every gears adapted to your own bike (brake pads...)
If you don't have the adequate equipment for the trip, don’t worry and travel light: we rent out the required gear and hand it over at the start of the trip ! Our equipment is relatively new, if not brand new, of good quality and adapted to your choice of activity.
Prices of rental equipment during the entire trip (these competitive prices only take into account the number of days of the trip):
Prices and bike brend may vary according to availabilities.
This list of clothes is designed to give you an idea of clothes that it may be a good to have with you. By no means do you need to have the latest brands or the latest gear, but if you need to renew your wardrobe, this guide would be a good start. Prefer lightweight warm and comfortable clothing. This is not just a detail, it makes a hell of a difference !
- Sunglasses and glasses with clear lenses for forest sections and cloudy days (it's important to protect your eyes). Photochromic lenses adapt to light intensity and protection categories range from 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 to optimize visibility from shade to brightness. Very useful.
- Under layer: breathable long sleeved top as well as leggings to maintain heat. A tip: merino wool is breathable and has anti-bacterial properties and is therefore less likely to smell as opposed to synthetic fabrics. Have this in mind if you need to update your wardrobe.
- Outer layer: a light fleece jacket and/or a light hooded down jacket that you can put under a jacket that has a breathable waterproof membrane (soft shell type or Goretex). Make sure it's lightweight and compact so it doesn't take up too much space in your backpack
- Bottom layer: mountain biking shorts and leggings in case it gets cold
- Hands: light fleece or sfot shell gloves, a pair of silk glove liners to go underneath, warm gloves with a breathable and waterproof membrane.
- Swimming gear: it takes up such little space, it would be a shame not to bring it just in case. Avoid swimming shorts or bermudas, they are not usually allowed.
- Bike socks: merino wool socks are breathable and have anti-bacterial properties and are less likely to smell as opposed to those made of synthetic fabrics. Think about them if you need to stock up.
- Slippers or crocs are recommended for evening wear. Try charentaises they’re really comfy ! www.charentaises.fr
Odds & ends
Toiletries and first aid kit
- Personal toilet bag
- To make your a first aid kit, please find all information on Ifremont's website.
Don't forget to
- Leave contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your contract number and documents related to your insurance (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” and your European health card (EU member states) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices (camera, video recorder, tracking devices etc)
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!
We look forward to seeing you !
Have great runs with AZIMUT !