You're a beginner in mountain biking ? You feel OK sitting on your saddle and just wish to gain confidence and learn the basic techniques as well as discover our beautiful mountains on wonderful tracks and trails around the Vauban fortress ? This introductory mountain biking course is made for you !
- Discover the mountain biking universe for beginners at ease: this is a must to gain confidence and to have fun on your bike !
- Basic techniques will be taught such as uphill riding, inclines, downhills etc...a individual and technical teaching approach to help you improve your skills
- Varied trails in a gorgeous setting for a great introductory mountain biking course
- A shuttle deposit for a days downhill riding and practicing
- Hassle free, 100 % fun and exploring !
Please wear your cycling clothes on day 1.
We always do our best, but can't guarantee the exact time of arrival at the train station (due to traffic or weather conditions). Therefore we strongly recommend you to buy train tickets that can easily be modified. If you're travelling by car, we'll meet you at one of the indicated meeting points, or at one of the drop off points where you'll be able to leave your car for the entire trip.
Train & TGV access: www.oui.sncf
Make sure the train you plan to catch welcomes mountain bikes.
Car access: www.mappy.fr
Car sharing: www.blablacar.fr
Public parking free of charge can be found in Briançon and Oulx (both unattended).
Skill level *
Open to all, beginners or not, wishing to discover enduro or all mountain biking, that have only occasionally done all mountain biking or e-mountain biking. You will be taught basic techniques for down and uphill riding on relatively easy trails to enable to check out the next stage, level 2 !
Stamina level **
For keen and passionate mountain bikers or sporty people, who enjoy making efforts and regularly do an outdoor activity. We will ride on progressive 4x4 tracks and may encounter some steep sections. Expect ascents between + 200 m & + 900 m approx per day.
Good to know: if you don't have the skills and stamina required, the guide may ask you to leave the group for the well-being of the rest of the group. If any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us !
5 to 10 participants
Azimut qualified mountain bike instructor & guide.
All our mountain bike guides are certified instructors. We choose them for their sympathy, their teaching and organisational skills. We stay tuned in, work hands in hands, and make sure their working conditions are the best.
Meet our guides and instructors just around the corner
Bring a small day pack large enough (for more detailed advice see gear section) to carry your personal belongings for the day such as (extra) layers, a few snacks, your picnic and a repair kit. All other personal gear not needed for the day will be transferred to our accommodation.
No lifts on this trip, however you will benefit from a drop off on the last day to make the uttermost with an even longer descent.
A 30% deposit, as well as the insurance cost if you choose to subscribe the latter, is required to secure your booking. You will receive a reminder email 35 days prior to departure for the outstanding balance that is due latest 30 days prior to departure.
We strongly recommend you to be properly insured for the chosen activity. You should be covered for medical expenses, personal accident & liabilité, third party risks and rescue (helicopter), as well as trip cancellation or curtailment.
Repatriation and research insurance are mandatory when booking a trip with Azimut. We have a full range of insurances with our partner, on offer to suit the trip you select and the risks that it may incur (beware, such insurance only covers European citizens).
Tipping is no obligation. However participants usually hand round an envelope for those who wish to tip the guide.
Azimut's minibuses are used throughout the trip. Not only does this make the trip easier, but it also makes it more pleasant and less binding: we can chat, take a nap and listen to our own music. If luggage transfers are necessary, you have the possibility to use the transfer if you're tired and for any other reason.
In case of emergency or delay, you can either contact your guide (a phone number will be provided before departure) or contact Azimut on: (+ 33) 04 92 23 07 24.
Please inform your friends and family with these details before departure.
Free Wifi is available in most places.
Mobile & 4G coverage can be unreliable.
Don't forget to
- Leave our contact details with your friends and family
- Bring your papers and I.D. (passport and visa if necessary)
- Bring your insurance contract number and documents (if you've chosen not to have insure coverage with us)
- Bring your “carte vitale” or your European health card (for EU citizens) - if you don't have one you can order one for free online www.ameli.fr
- Check that you have the right equipment
- Take spare batteries and a charger for your electronic devices such as camera, video recorder
- Bring some cash and your credit card
- Bring a delicacy from your home country or area to share with the group
- Leave in a good frame of mind: we're going to have a great time even if we may not happen to not make it to the summit !
- Before leaving: water the plants, empty the rubbish bin, turn off water and gas, and tell your partner that you're going to have a good time (please not by text message), that you've well deserved... If you don't follow the latter recommendation, you'll most probably kick yourself when you get back!